1.2.8. Receiving SMS Text Messages with XGnokii on Linux
It is easy to use XGnokii to receive SMS text messages on Linux. Simply click the Messages menu in the Short Message Service window and then check the Activate SMS reading item (see figure 3). After that, every SMS text messages received will appear in XGnokii's inbox. To see the contents of the inbox, click the Inbox item in the Short Message Service window (see figure 2).
To remove an SMS text message from the inbox, first highlight the text message you want to delete in the Short Message Service window. Then click the Messages menu and choose the Delete menu item (see figure 3). Note that the deletion will be reflected on the mobile phone, i.e. XGnokii not only will delete the SMS text message copy stored in its inbox, but also will delete the original SMS text message on the mobile phone.
Similarly, if you delete an SMS text message on the mobile phone, the deletion will be reflected in XGnokii's inbox.
|Previous Page||Page 11 of 12||Next Page|
- 1. How to Use a Linux PC to Send and Receive SMS Messages (Non-Developer's Perspective)
- 1.1. Requirements for Sending and Receiving SMS Messages from a Linux PC via a Mobile Phone
- 1.2. Using Gnokii to Send and Receive SMS Messages from a Linux PC
- 1.2.1. Introduction
- 1.2.2. Mobile Phone Models Supported by Gnokii
- 1.2.3. Installing Gnokii / XGnokii
- 1.2.4. Configuring Gnokii / XGnokii on Linux
- 1.2.5. Examples
- 1.2.6. Testing Gnokii on Linux
- 1.2.7. Sending SMS Text Messages with XGnokii on Linux
- 1.2.8. Receiving SMS Text Messages with XGnokii on Linux
- 1.2.9. Importing and Exporting Phone Book Entries with XGnokii on Linux