19. WCSS Marquee Extension
The properties in the marquee extension of WCSS enable the scrolling of some content across the screen of a mobile device. The content can be a line of text, an image, an anchor link, etc (Note: some WAP browsers [from Sony Ericsson, for example] only support scrolling text). This feature is very useful for displaying a line of text or an image that is wider than the screen.
The WCSS marquee extension consists of four properties and one property value. An overview of their functions is given below:
-wap-marquee property value -- It is used with the display property. The XHTML MP element that is applied with the WAP CSS style rule "display: -wap-marquee" will scroll across the screen of a mobile device.
-wap-marquee-dir property -- It is used to specify the direction of a marquee animation.
-wap-marquee-loop property -- It is used to specify the number of times that a marquee animation should repeat.
-wap-marquee-speed property -- It is used to specify the speed of a marquee animation.
-wap-marquee-style property -- It is used to specify how a marquee animation should scroll across the screen. Three styles are available: scroll, slide and alternate.
The following sections describe the details of these properties and property values.
|Previous Page||Page 29 of 39||Next Page|
- 1. WCSS (WAP CSS) Introduction
- 2. Wireless CSS and Wireless Profile CSS
- 3. Advantages of Using WAP CSS Style Sheets on Mobile Internet Sites
- 4. Disadvantages of Using WAP CSS Style Sheets on Mobile Internet Sites
- 5. Syntax Rules of WCSS
- 6. Comments in WCSS
- 7. How to Apply WCSS Styles to an XHTML MP Document
- 8. Different Types of Selectors
- 9. Div and Span Element of XHTML MP
- 10. Cascading Rules for Handling Multiple Groups of WCSS Styles Applied to the Same Element
- 11. Common Types of Property Value
- 12. WCSS Font and Text Properties
- 13. WCSS List Properties
- 14. WCSS Color Properties
- 15. WCSS Border Properties
- 16. WAP Specific Extensions to CSS
- 17. WCSS Access Key Extension
- 18. WCSS Input Extension
- 19. WCSS Marquee Extension
- 20. Matching WCSS Cascading Style Sheets to Different User Agents